CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Red Arrow Trading Limited are a company with a conscience and we want this to be reflected in our company policies. People We recognise that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of looking after them by promoting equal opportunities and ensuring safe and efficient working practices are implemented. Regular input from employees is encouraged to suggest new methods of improving performance and productivity. The workforce is kept informed of company updates through staff meetings and/ or communications from their line manager. Red Arrow Trading:
- Provides clear and fair terms of employment for its employees.
- Provides clean, healthy and safe working conditions.
- Offers a rewarding salary and bonus package.
- Strives for equal opportunities for all present and potential employees.
- Supports employees to develop skills and progress their careers.
- Does not employ underage staff and will ensure all employees have current and valid permission to work in the UK.
- Ensures that staff are provided a company hand book on the commencement of employment outlining company policies.
- Provide a happy and safe environment both physically and mentally.
The Group is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity in employment and recognises that this is essential to ensuring the success and growth of the organisation. To this end, Red Arrow Trading makes every effort to select, recruit, train and promote the best candidates based on suitability for the job; to treat all employees and applicants fairly and to ensure that no employee suffers harassment or intimidation.
Disabled Employees and Job Applicants
It is the policy of Red Arrow Trading to ensure that employees and potential employees who have a disability will receive the necessary help, within reason, to enable them to carry out their normal duties effectively and further their career within the Company. Reasonable adjustments will be made, where practicable, to ensure that employees are able to undertake the duties of their role to the best of their ability. Any reasonable adjustments required by job applicants during the recruitment stage will be made to ensure fairness of the recruitment process.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE AT WORK
The health and safety, welfare and wellbeing of employees is of vital importance. It is our policy to create and improve standards of Health and Safety, which will lead to the avoidance and reduction of risks and to ensure that the company complies with all Health and Safety legislation. A detailed Health and Safety Policy Statement is held at our premises in addition to all of the required signage being displayed. Red Arrow Trading are committed to provide safe and healthy working conditions at their site. It is the duty of all employees to exercise responsibility and to do everything they can to prevent injury to themselves and to others. The policy standards and procedures are communicated to employees through contracts of employment, staff hand books, operating manuals and staff training to relevant individuals as appropriate.
Red Arrow Trading:
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with our customers.
- Provides the standards of product and service that have been agreed.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of products or services that it produces.
Red Arrow Trading:
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Pays suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with agreed terms.
- Has a policy not to offer, pay or accept bribes or substantial favours.
- Encourages suppliers and subcontractors to abide by the same standards and principles.
Red Arrow Trading has nominated The Children’s Hospital Charity as its charity of the year for 2017. We will be operating a charity matching scheme where any funds raised by employees will be matched by the company. In addition to this our employees support the Hallam FM Mission Christmas appeal – to help make sure sick and underprivileged children have a present to open on Christmas day. Red Arrow is also actively involved in supporting Rapid Relief Team http://www.rapidreliefteam.org/ through volunteer and financial support.
Environmental savings make good business sense. Our primary objective is to minimise our carbon footprint and any negative impact that we have on the environment.
Red Arrow is committed to the following:
- To meet or exceed the requirements of relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
- To identify, reduce and dispose of waste arising from our operations in a manner that minimises harm to the environment and prevents pollution of land, air and water.
We are committed to ensuring the integrity and security of business information with particular attention given to personal and sensitive data where inappropriate use or inadequate maintenance and safeguarding could have serious repercussions. The policies and procedures are based on its requirements for a secure operating environment, an assessment of the risks that the Company faces and relevant legal and best‐practice requirements.